We can all measure this day as a win already – because it is NOT SNOWING! (In Edinburgh at least.)
Here is a roundup of some of the challenges we have discussed over the last few meetings – take part in any or all today –
– Make a pinhole photo by any methods possible – for those without access to chemicals LoFi relaxes the rules, for one day only, to use digital.
– Virtual photo walk – make a pinhole photo and a take regular snap of your new favourite lockdown place to have a walk. Send in the photos and the GPS co-ordinates (or address) and we will put them on a virtual map for people to take an armchair wander. [ …and after the lock down rules are relaxed visit these spots in person.]
– process and develop at home – try some DIY developer. There are many recipes for Caffenol out there but if possible try beer-ol – recipe below (https://www.caffenol.org/)
- 500ml Corona Extra
- 50g soda crystals
- 12g Vitamin C
– Most inventive pinhole still life ( there will be a prize – SC will judge ) Deadline for submissions 3rd May.
– Turn a room into a Camera Obscura
– The Cannister Club theme this month is “Home”
Don’t forget to email your images in to be included in the online exhibition and to submit work to our gallery group on pinholeday.org. Work must be submitted to them by 31st May to be included in the 2020 on-line exhibition. (Select
Edinburgh LoFi in the gallery group option.)
Coffee on Skype at 10:30 today, and then a catch-up for afternoon tea at 4.30pm.
Next regular meeting this Wednesday morning from 10:30 and the first week of May will be the “Instant” on-line exhibition.
Coronagram workshop – possible date this Wednesday 29th – TBC Early evening.